I don’t know any woman who has too little to do. Whether we’re holding our families together, smoothing out relationships at work, managing huge budgets, building businesses, volunteering on various committees or boards – we’re all busy.
Whether we’re busy doing what’s most important right now is a worthy question to ask ourselves regularly. Whether what we’re doing will provide us with a higher level of satisfaction, happiness or joy is another question we should not avoid.
Ensuring our schedules provide us with the breaks we need to laugh, connect, speak honestly, be ourselves is vital.
If you’re one of the thousands of busy women contributing to the fabric of society, here are some activities you might spontaneously choose to do when it feels a tough and you’re tired of being responsible:
*Hang out with the kids, on the couch doing nothing in particular
* Put on a hat and take yourself to lunch
* Don something frivolous, flirtatious and fanciful then go for a flaunt
* Buy a bottle of champagne, call a friend and drink it listening to your favourite dance music
* Go to a nail boutique sit in a massage chair, read a trashy magazine while you get a pedicure ,
* Find a crowded, alternative looking cafe, buy a coffee and start a conversation with the most unlikely looking person there
* Get on a ferry and stand outside where you’re most likely to get wet from the spray.
Send me your ideas!